10 Rising Sea Levels
Step 1: Pose Real Questions
Step 1 is to formulate questions / ideas in relation to sustainability, rising sea levels and strategies to combat the issue.
Use the tools and the guidelines below to help you pose your real questions.
- PoppletOnline Mind Mapping Tool
- PadletCollaborative questioning tool
- note.lyOnline sticky notes
- StormboardOrganising ideas
- MindMeisterOnline mind mapping tool
Formulating Questions to Stimulate Research
- Write as many questions down about the INQUIRY TOPIC as possible.
- Don't stop to discuss or try to answer any questions as your write.
- Write down the questions verbatim.
- Change all statements to questions.
Improve the Question(s)
- Identify what questions are closed (eg yes / no answers) and what questions are open-ended.
- Change closed questions to open-ended questions.
- Will my question(s) help me discover what I NEED to know?
- Use Bloom's Taxonomy to scale the complexity of the questions OR use Glossary of key words used in the formulation of questions.
- Prioritise your questions eg three you will answer first or highlight three that are the most important or three that you want to explore further.
Adapted from www.rightquestion.org
Questions regarding strategies for rising sea levels example
Once you have formulated a question or questions that will ensure you cover the research focus move onto Find Resources.
The right resources contain the information your require to answer your question(s).