- A Walk through TimeThe evolution of time measurement through the ages.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology. U.S. Department of Commerce.
Mathematics in History
- Famous problems in the history of mathematicsThis site presents a number of famous mathematics problems in order to illustrate a portion of the history of the subject. Suitable for middle school and high school maths students, the site has links to solutions, biographies and other maths history sites. From Math Forum.
- 5 NumbersA quirky look at five of the most important numbers in mathematics by Simon Singh.
- History of Measurement in AustraliaFrom the National Measurement Institute.
- Infinite SecretsThe companion web site to the PBS NOVA television program. Infinite Secrets contains interviews and articles about the concept of infinity with interactive features on pi.
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics archiveClick on History topics index for Mathematical topics and Mathematics in various cultures.
From School of Mathematics and Statistics. University of St Andrews, Scotland.
- Mathematics in Art and ArchitectureBy Helmer Aslaksen. Department of Mathematics. National University of Singapore
- The Story of Mathematics"Read the human stories behind the innovations, and how they made - and sometimes destroyed - the men and women who devoted their lives to the Story of Mathematics.
Is maths discovered or invented?
Would mathematics exist if people didn't? Did we create mathematical concepts to help us understand the world around us, or is math the native language of the universe itself? Jeff Dekofsky traces some famous arguments in this ancient and hotly debated question.
- Museum of the history of scienceSearch the Online Exhibits for exhibitions and to other online resources.
- Geometry in Art & ArchitectureBy Paul Calter. Dartmouth College.