Family Faith Formation
How can you bring Christ back into the world? Commit to at least one idea from each category each week
(that means 4 activities a week). As you complete each activity record it in your journal with photos. Below are some ideas to help you get started:
Harmony with God
· Recite the Rosary everyday – Listen and pray through the daily rosary in the app Catholic Meditations
· Read Scripture every day – use the daily scriptures to reflect on your life and to listen to Jesus in your life Bible
· Pray throughout the day Click to Pray
· Readings Daily Scritures
· Lead your family in prayer before each meal (grace)
· Join in the Divine Mercy Chaplet Divine Mercy
Come up with some of your own idea
Harmony with Others
- Help around the house with chores, gardening, helping your siblings or preparing meals
- Help your sibling, preparing meals
- Help those in need through prayer, donations, or by raising awareness of the issues they face
- Knit a scarf - How to knit
- Collate items or prepare a meal to donation through Passages
- Donate goods to Vinnies
- Pray for someone you struggle to love, and the capacity to forgive the person
Come up with some of your own ideas.
Harmony with Self
- Make time each day to connect with your family - Play a board game, have a warm drink together and have a chat, call your Grandparents and extended family.
- Start a daily journal .
- Do a simple meditation. Try the minute meditation
- Try the daily mediation
- Go for a walk or a run for 30 minutes everyday.
Come up with some of your own ideas
Harmony with Creation
- Commit to one meat free day in the week.
- Reduce the time you spend in the shower with a timer.
- Start a veggie garden or donate to Caritas projects that work to protect the environment.
- Use a water bottle instead of disposable bottles.
- Turn off lights in rooms you’re not using.
- Turn off devices (computer, TV, etc.) when you’re not using them.
- Spend Sunday with no technology (no Phone, TV or Computer), spend time with others and outside.
- Look at what single use plastic you use in a day, find ways to remove these.
- Walk to places that are a short distance way instead of being driven.