Pre-recorded videos are useful for explicit teaching.
A good video follows these conventions:
- Do not embed videos in Class OneNotes.
- Videos should be distributed via a link to the appropriate storage portal.
- No video that is a straight instruction on how to do something should be longer than a song (3 minutes)
- Videos can of course be longer, however, they must combine various multimedia assets, such as images, video, audio, to make them engaging for students.
- Apps available for creating videos include QuickTime, iMovie and MS Teams.
- Given the constraints of the internet (especially for some of our students when working at home) it is essential to compress videos before sharing or uploading.
- Video compression can be done using Handbrake.
- When loading videos to YouTube they are automatically compressed.
- Stream does not compress video.